Kingston Technology Corporation is an American multinational computer technology company that specializes in developing, manufacturing, selling, and supporting flash memory products and other computer-related memory products.
It was once known for its HyperX gaming division, which was sold to HP Inc.
Headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, Kingston Technology employs more than 3,000 employees worldwide. The company has facilities in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, Taiwan, and China.
It is a significant player in the DRAM memory modules market, holding approximately 68% of the third-party worldwide DRAM module market share in 2017. In 2018, Kingston Technology generated $7.5 billion in revenue. The company serves an international network of distributors, resellers, retailers, and OEM customers on six continents, providing contract manufacturing and supply chain management services for semiconductor manufacturers and system OEMs.
Kingston Technology is not publicly traded and is one of America's Largest Private Companies, ranking #19 on the 2021 list by Forbes.
The company's recent notable transaction was the sale of its HyperX gaming division to HP Inc. in 2021. This division, known for a range of gaming peripherals including headsets, keyboards, mice, mouse pads, USB microphones, and console accessories, was sold for $425 million. Kingston retained its DRAM, flash, and SSD products for gamers and enthusiasts. This acquisition was a strategic move for HP to grow its Personal Systems business, particularly in the gaming and peripherals segments.
Kingston Technology, a multinational computer technology corporation, has its headquarters and key facilities located as follows:
- Kingston Technology Company, Inc.
- Address: 17600 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, USA.
Major Offices Worldwide:
- Munich, Germany (Branch Office): Opened in 1995 for technical support and marketing in Europe.
- London, United Kingdom (European Headquarters): Established in 1996.
- Taiwan (Manufacturing Facility/Office): Inaugurated in January 1997.
- Japan (Sales Office): Also opened in January 1997.
- Dublin, Ireland (Manufacturing Facility and Offices): Began operations in January 1997.
- Fountain Valley, California, USA (Expanded Manufacturing): Additional capacity added in January 1997.
- 18 Regional Offices Globally: Kingston maintains a presence with 18 regional offices around the world.
- Locations for Kingston’s manufacturing facilities, which cater to the global storage and memory market, are established worldwide. However, specific addresses and details of these locations are not provided.
Distribution and Sales Network:
- Kingston serves an international network comprising distributors, resellers, retailers, and OEM customers across six continents.
While specific addresses for the largest offices and manufacturing facilities worldwide are not readily available, the company's global footprint encompasses various regions, including North America, Europe, and Asia. Kingston Technology's expansion and establishment of offices and manufacturing facilities in different parts of the world demonstrate its commitment to serving a global clientele.
Kingston Technology is a global leader in the electronics industry, offering a wide range of products for personal, business, enterprise, and system builder use. Some of the taxonomies of their products are:
- SSDs: Solid state drives that offer fast, reliable, and secure storage solutions for various applications and devices. Kingston offers both internal and external SSDs, as well as PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSDs for gaming and high-performance use.
- DRAM: Memory modules that enhance the speed and performance of computers, servers, and other devices. Kingston offers DDR4 and DDR5 memory for desktops, laptops, workstations, and servers, as well as HyperX memory for gaming.
- USB Flash Drives: Portable storage devices that allow easy transfer and backup of data. Kingston offers encrypted USB flash drives for data security, as well as high-capacity and high-speed USB flash drives for various needs.
- Memory Cards: Storage devices that expand the capacity and performance of cameras, smartphones, tablets, and other devices. Kingston offers SD cards and microSD cards for different types of devices and uses, such as photography, video recording, gaming, and mobile lifestyle.
- Readers: Devices that enable access and transfer of data from memory cards to computers and other devices. Kingston offers card readers that support multiple formats and speeds, as well as mobile card readers that connect to smartphones and tablets.
- Gaming: Products that enhance the gaming experience and performance of gamers, enthusiasts, and high-power users. Kingston offers HyperX gaming SSDs, memory, headsets, keyboards, mice, mouse pads and accessories.
- Embedded / Industrial Solutions: Products that provide reliable and durable storage and memory solutions for embedded and industrial applications and system designers. Kingston offers eMMC and DRAM components, as well as embedded SSDs and memory cards for various sectors and use cases.
|Address||17600 Newhope Street Fountain Valley, Ca. 92708 USA|