Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, United States. The company was founded in 1989 and is also known as Microchip or Microchip Tech. Microchip Technology has approximately 18,000 employees and serves more than 125,000 customers in various industries, including automotive, consumer electronics, industrial automation, and communications.
The company is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the ticker symbol "MCHP".
Recent acquisitions by Microchip Technology include:
- In 2018, the company acquired Microsemi Corporation, a provider of semiconductor and system solutions for aerospace, defense, and industrial markets, for approximately $10 billion.
- In 2020, Microchip Technology acquired Silicon Storage Technology, Inc. (SST), a provider of non-volatile memory solutions, for an undisclosed amount.
- In 2021, the company acquired LegUp Computing, Inc., a provider of high-level synthesis tools that automate the hardware design process, for an undisclosed amount.
Microchip Technology Inc. is headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, United States, at the following address: 2355 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85224, USA.
Microchip Technology has multiple large offices worldwide, including:
- The San Jose Technology Development Center, located at 2100 Ringwood Avenue, San Jose, CA 95131, USA.
- The India Development Center, located at Salarpuria Sattva Knowledge City, Sy. No. 83/1, Plot No. 2,3,4, Phase 1, Wing-A, First Floor, Block-A, Doddathogur Village, Begur Hobli, Electronic City, Bengaluru - 560100, India.
- The Shanghai Design Center, located at 51 Youdong Road, Zhangjiang High-Tech Park, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China.
- The European Microchip Technology offices, located at multiple locations, including Boulevard Gonthier d'Andernach 9, Nivelles, Belgium; Im Technologiepark 2-8, Hallbergmoos, Germany; and 110 Rue Blaise Pascal, Montpellier, France.
Microchip Technology has multiple manufacturing facilities worldwide, including:
- The Thailand Operations facility, located at 699 Modernform Tower 15th Fl., Srinakarin Rd., Pravet, Bangkok, 10250, Thailand.
- The Gresham facility, located at 4110 NE 139th Avenue, Portland, OR 97230, USA.
- The Tempe facility, located at 1600 South Price Road, Chandler, AZ 85286, USA.
- The Philippines facility, located at Lot 1-3 Block 3, North Main Avenue, Laguna Technopark, Binan, Laguna, Philippines.
Microchip Technology Inc. offers a wide range of products in the electronics industry, including:
- Microcontrollers and microprocessors
- Analog and mixed-signal products
- Memory products
- Interface and connectivity products
- Timing and synchronization products
- Power management products
- Wireless products
- Touch and gesture products
- FPGA and CPLD products
- Development tools and software
Microcontrollers and microprocessors are the flagship products of Microchip, which are used in a wide range of applications, including automotive, industrial, medical, consumer electronics, and more. Microchip's product portfolio also includes a range of analog and mixed-signal products, such as op-amps, comparators, ADCs, DACs, and voltage references, which are used in various applications that require accurate measurement and control of analog signals.
The company's memory products include EEPROM, flash, and SRAM, which are used for data storage in various applications. Microchip's interface and connectivity products include USB, Ethernet, CAN, LIN, and RS-485 transceivers, which are used for communication between various devices. Timing and synchronization products, such as clock generators, oscillators, and phase-locked loops (PLLs), are used to generate and synchronize clock signals in various applications.
Power management products, such as voltage regulators, DC-DC converters, and LED drivers, are used to efficiently regulate and manage power in various applications. Microchip's wireless products include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and ZigBee solutions, which are used for wireless communication in various applications. The company's touch and gesture products include touch controllers, capacitive touch sensors, and 3D gesture recognition solutions, which are used in touch-enabled devices.
Microchip also offers FPGA and CPLD products, which are used for prototyping, validation, and implementation of custom logic designs. The company's development tools and software include integrated development environments (IDEs), compilers, debuggers, and libraries, which are used to develop, test, and debug software for Microchip's products.
|Address||2355 West Chandler Blvd. Chandler, Arizona, USA 85224-6199|